Thanksgiving is almost here! I can’t believe how fast this year has gone by. I’m sure most everyone already has most of their activities planned for this holiday and here are some more ideas!
- Have a family potluck – Invite families to bring a dish to share with your class that is traditional on their table. Talk about traditions and families.
- Make a festive “turkey” veggie tray for snack.
- Put the emphasis on being Thankful rather than the story of the pilgrims and the indians.
- Put seeds in the sensory table – and maybe a few plastic turkeys.
- Cook cranberries in the classroom. Taste them raw, before sugar and after. Some great vocabulary opportunities – bitter, tart, sweet, crunchy, soft…
- And put Thanksgiving books in the book shelf. My favorite is A Turkey for Thanksgiving – Mr. Moose sets out to find a turkey to bring for dinner, but it’s not to eat! He’s invited as a guest. I love this book!
Here are a few more great book ideas: