Hello – I’m Helen Fern.
My Philosophy – Early Learning should promote the development of each, individual child. Activities should be intentional and planned with that goal in mind. The child is a whole person and every area of development should be considered: Physical, emotional, social and cognitive. I believe that we serve the entire family, not just the child and that every child is amazing.
I’ve learned a great deal from these little ones and their families and I look forward to sharing that knowledge with you.
- BA in Human Studies and Early Childhood Education
- MA in Organization and Leadership Studies
- Step 10 on the Oregon Professional Development Registry
- Director’s Certificate from the Oregon Association for the Education of Young Children (OAEYC – chapter of NAEYC)
- Certified Community Trainer through the Oregon Registry Online (ORO)
- Over 35 years experience in the field – working every position; cook, aide, teacher, assistant director, director
A little about me-
The beautiful upper Willamette Valley of Oregon is where I call home, living with my husband and four rescue cats. Our three children have given us six wonderful grand-kids – and I love being a grandma!
I prefer to be outdoors in the woods or at the beach, both places the rejuvenate my body, mind and spirit. My hobbies include photography, hiking, wild mushroom picking and cooking